""A life-changing experience - impossible to regret!""
I originally contacted UP because the last two years had been the hardest of my life – my weight had become out of control and my health was taking a nose dive at a rate that was scaring me as a result. I felt really desperate, as I’d tried everything and wasn’t going anywhere.
Friends recommended Personal Training – which was then backed up by my doctor, who had recommended resistance/strength training for me.
UP seemed like the perfect choice.
It’s not been long since I’ve joined UP – only three months – and I feel like I’ve achieved a lot already. Although I was a little intimidated by UP at first, it quickly went away – everyone here makes a point of being supportive and approachable at all times!
The training I’ve received from David Godfrey, my Personal Trainer, has been very challenging and inspiring – I’ve lost fat (and inches!) and and my body feels stronger and more toned than it has for years. In addition to this, I have so much more energy. Now I’m starting to remember the feeling of being confident, attractive and confident in my own skin!
It’s been quite the experience to be training among the best – the trainers take the mystery out of training (which had previously eluded me!) and they show you how to do everything like a pro. The support from David in particular has been crucial to helping me recognise and break mental barriers, negative self-talk and low confidence in myself and my abilities. I’ve learnt from him how to re-train my brain to work with me and towards what I’vd like to achieve, as opposed to blocking my way. This, I think, has been a key part of my success so far.
Now, I’m re-learning how to be more confident in myself. This has spread to all aspects of my life – which is the best thing overall – I feel like I’m on the winning side now!
What’s next for me? I want to carry on at UP for as long as possibly. I know that there’s so much more these guys can teach me, and many more to achieve. It’s a brand-new way of life, one I’d always wanted to live but didn’t quite know how to get there.
What I want to say most about my experience at UP is that it’s a life-changing experience – impossible to regret. Only good things have come from it!
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.