Have you ever fallen in love with a meal at first bite? I bet it wasn’t with meal-prep that’s for sure; until now that is. Sometimes the meals that need the least attention can workout to be the most favoured, not just for taste but speed too. Mastering a clean diet is usually one of the most difficult aspects of any lifestyle change, often it consumes too much time or just doesn’t fit in with our everyday working schedules. However, with this savvy method of cooking chicken breasts will mean your meal prep will always be quick, easy and varied…leaving more time for you to spend at the gym or indeed relaxing after a long day at work.
- 1-2 Chicken Breasts per person
- Ricotta Cheese or Philadelphia Light or goats cheese
- 2 Garlic Cloves finely diced
- A pinch of paprika, salt & pepper
- Start by preheating the oven to 180c
- Next heat a small drop of oil in a frying pan and add in the chopped garlic and spinach.
- After 1-2 minutes when the spinach has wilted, add in the cheese and keep on heat and stir for a further 2 minutes or until liquefied.
- Now make slices across the width of the chicken breast about ¾ deep being cautious not to cut through.
- Stuff each opening with the cheese and spinach and finish with a sprinkling of paprika, salt, pepper and grated cheddar if desired.
- Place on a baking tray or into an oven proof dish and cook for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with salad, veggies, sweet potatoes or rice.
Images and recipe courtesy of Hollie Robinson, Lipstick and Lunges.
Want to know how Ultimate Performance can help with your nutrition and training? Get in touch.