Notice: Undefined index: type in /nas/content/live/upuksite/wp-content/themes/upfitness/templates/tabbed-testimonial.php on line 7
"I Felt Supported All The Way"
Notice: Undefined index: type in /nas/content/live/upuksite/wp-content/themes/upfitness/templates/tabbed-testimonial.php on line 113
I had spent much of my 20’s in and out of gyms, typically I would get some improvements for a few months or so then it would tail off and I would lose interest after about 6 months until maybe 6 months later when I felt I was being lazy and would start the cycle again. I contacted UP because I realised I did not have the knowledge to construct a progressive weight lifting regime that would continue to show improvements over a longer period of time. Although there is plenty of stuff on the internet it is very confusing and often contradictory and I needed to know that when I spent an hour in the gym I was not wasting my time but rather that I was steadily moving towards my targets. It looked like UP was the right choice for all areas: routines, nutrition and supplements, all targeted at my body type and specific goals.
What do you feel that you have achieved:
In a little under 6 months I have improved drastically physically, I would say I haven’t been in this good shape since my early 20s, hitting 10% body fat was never something I thought would be possible after only 11 weeks! So I have cut a lot of fat and become stronger than I have ever been with my muscle mass steadily increasing with no signs of slowing. My metabolism is in overdrive and sleep patterns are greatly improved.
What have you learned:
Aside from the physical, I have listened and learned about what my body needs in terms of nutrition and workout routines. It’s interesting because a lot of these things I have learned I was already aware of through other reading but now I know how to apply them properly such as various intensity techniques, lifting tempo, constantly changing routines and nutrient timing. I also realise that having a personal trainer to take away any excuses is extremely beneficial as I feel I have pushed my body further than I was likely to do when training alone. Apart from being away on holiday I have not missed a session in 6 months, and having someone else to rely on to structure my workout programme means all I have to do is turn up and lift what he says. Easy. Well, easier.
What’s next for you:
I am looking to continue to improve my strength and size, continue eating clean and enjoying the benefits. I look forward to my workouts so I don’t see myself stopping what I have started whilst I am still physically able which will hopefully be many years to come
What would you be willing to tell others about your experience with us:
I’ve had a very positive experience with Glenn and the entire UP team, felt supported all the way and have always had any questions or concerns answered promptly. You only have to take a look at the shape the trainers are in to see they practice what they preach and know what it takes to get in peak physical condition. You get out what you put in on this kind of program, the guys at UP give you all the tools and encouragement you need to succeed but of course at the end of the day it’s still up to you to apply yourself. So achieving my goals is not just a result of good sports science but also a good dose of personal willpower which makes the achievements all the sweeter when they come.
Paul B, Director, RBS Global Markets
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.