Notice: Undefined index: type in /nas/content/live/upuksite/wp-content/themes/upfitness/templates/tabbed-testimonial.php on line 7
"From 25% Body Fat to 10.7%"
Notice: Undefined index: type in /nas/content/live/upuksite/wp-content/themes/upfitness/templates/tabbed-testimonial.php on line 112
I came back from my summer holidays last year and after looking at the pictures I realised I was in bad shape. I have always taken care about the way I look and until then, I was reasonably happy with my level of exercise: hitting the treadmill 2 – 3 times per week and keeping myself quite active during the weekend with running or boxing, etc.
The truth was that I felt that I was doing a lot and not getting much reward for it, my body didn’t do my efforts justice and I knew I needed to change things drastically before it got too late.
I felt that just a new training regime wouldn’t do (trust me I followed every Men’s health fitness fat burning workouts they published!) and that I needed a complete re-think around my diet too (the extensive city dining and wining were definitely taking their toll) I read about UP, and it seemed that they could offer a complete solutions package around training and diet advise + they had tangible examples of people they had helped in the past and the results were impressive.
What do you feel that you have achieved:
I have gone through a massive transformation…from 25% body fat to 10.7%. From a size 34 Diesel Zathan jeans to a 31 waist…back to my early 20s days….I’m feeling a lot stronger and leaner and have completely changed the way I eat and train.
Most importantly I now have a body that justifies the training I put in!
Big credit should go to Eddie Baruta (my PT) who has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to training….he is by far the best PT I’ve had (I was training before at fitness first, Virgin and Holmes place). He somehow manages to balance pushing me to my limits in every session abut also making the training fun and challenging…the guy leads by example and it is a pleasure to train with.
What have you learned:
That being in peak condition is a lot more than just getting to the gym a few times a week. It is what you do whilst you are at the gym that counts, the intensity in which you train and as Eddie would say: “the pride you take on each rep”.
Equally important (if not even more) is diet and during my time at UP I have completely changed the way I eat, what I eat and when I eat…the changes have been massive!
What’s next for you:
I will keep on going….the training is not cheap but it is the best money you will spend on yourself.
Eddie and I review my goals on an on-going basis and he keeps on changing my workouts to target specific gains…it is here where the UP PT’s show their worth….I haven’t had the same workout with Eddie for more than 3 or 4 weeks, it is always challenging the body, moving from fat burning to muscle building and then strength gains…it keeps the body guessing
What would you be willing to tell others about your experience with us:
Simple: if you are serious about getting in shape, this is the place for you…it is not easy and there are no shortcuts to hard work and discipline on your diet – but these guys have all the know how to get you in the best form of your life
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.